American College of Preventive Medicine
Founded in 1954, the American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) is the preeminent national professional society for physicians committed to disease prevention and health promotion. As the leader for the specialty of Preventive Medicine and physicians dedicated to prevention, ACPM improves the health of individuals and populations through evidence-based health promotion, disease prevention, and systems-based approaches to improving health and health care. ACPM represents more than 2,500 preventive medicine physicians working in such fields as public health and healthcare administration, quality improvement, outbreak surveillance and investigation, teaching, research, clinical practice, corporate counsel, and public policy development, to name just a few.
ACPM boasts an unparalleled collective body of national experts in the field of prevention. With a name brand that resonates with policy makers, industry, and the general public at a time of unprecedented attention being paid to prevention as an approach to improving health and reducing health care costs, ACPM’s visibility continues to grow. Through new product and service innovation and entrepreneurial focus, ACPM hopes to expand and diversify its income streams and continue growing the organization’s national profile. Specifically, the successful candidate will secure financial sponsorships for the College’s annual meeting; nurture relationships with ACPM’s current corporate partners; manage and grow ACPM’s Corporate Roundtable; help ACPM conceive and execute corporate and individual fundraising campaigns; and develop and nurture relationships with, and secure financial sponsorships from, private and public sector corporations and agencies around the ACPM brand and market segment.
ACPM’s annual conference, Preventive Medicine, is a key component of this growth. The annual Preventive Medicine conference is the premier scientific, educational, and networking meeting for preventive medicine professionals presenting cutting-edge content in clinical preventive medicine and lifestyle medicine practice, population health practice, technology and informatics, medical quality, and global health. Preventive Medicine 2018 will bring together more than 700 preventive medicine physicians, other physicians dedicated to disease prevention and health promotion, and health professionals from a variety of other disciplines.
Additionally, ACPM, in conjunction with the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) convene federal and non-federal subject matter experts to examine the state of the science on healthy aging; highlight evidence-based practices that are working in communities; identify knowledge gaps that need to be filled; discuss strategies and public health infrastructure needed to improve the delivery of care for those aging in place or in transition; and create a “call to action” to ensure healthy aging for all Americans. The Healthy Aging Summit is expected to attract 1,000 attendees ranging from physicians, practitioners and other professionals focused on the health in the later years of a person’s life.
Specific duties related to Preventive Medicine 2018 and The Healthy Aging Summit are to:
- Lead outreach to companies in corporate markets aligned with preventive medicine, including wellness, fitness, nutrition, and health IT. Serve as conference sales lead, prospecting and researching companies, promoting ACPM, setting up meetings with key principals, and preparing proposals.
- Develop, oversee and maintain professional relationships with vendors and sponsors for long-term successful relationship building.
- Assist in the management of event-day activities to ensure sponsors needs are met.
- Manage financial processing for key sponsors and exhibitors, including sponsorship agreements, invoicing and follow-up for account receivables.
Duties related to Corporate Roundtable are to:
- Manage all aspects recruitment of new members by identifying alignment and potential collaborative activities with these corporate partners.
- Develop recruitment program for new CR members
- Lead conference calls between potential CR Members/Donors with various ACPM Staff
- Create monthly fundraising and other reports as needed.
- Ensure the website is kept updated with current donor information on quarterly basis.
- Organize biannual CR meetings
- Update and keep current all recruitment tools for donors and CR.
- Strengthen ACPM’s fundraising activities, including conceiving and executing key membership campaigns to raise funds for ACPM’s operations and long-term reserves.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seasoned experience in B2B sales
- Strategic approach to business development
- A “hunter” mindset when prospecting leads
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Integrity and a confidence-inspiring attitude
STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Nonprofit health care experience
- Demonstrated results in event sales, including conference sponsorships and exhibits
- Experience in relationship building between non-profit associations and corporate partners
- Experience selling an association’s brand and products, while adhering to association and medical society ethical guidelines, particularly ACCME standards.
- An advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) or certification in development/fundraising (CFRE)
Note: Upon hire, candidate may modify the job title to “Director, Strategic Partnerships” if it will support business development efforts.
Base salary of $75,000 plus a competitive commission structure.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a retained search. Interested candidates should forward their résumé and cover letter to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org