AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine, Inc.
Education is central to AMDA’s mission of providing up-to-date clinical and management information for medical directors and attending physicians in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care settings. AMDA delivers its educational content through live programs, online self-study activities, and joint sponsorship. The organization is accredited with commendation by ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education).
For the last several years, AMDA has been expanding its interdisciplinary brand to attract a broader suite of providers beyond physicians to nurse practitioners and physician assistants who serve in post-acute and long-term care settings. Further, as nursing care facilities consolidate, and as patient care moves to non-traditional environments (such as home-based care), there are new market influencers, including payors and administrators, that could be promoting the value of AMDA’s learning portfolio to their provider network in an effort to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
Partnering with volunteer leaders, staff, allied organizations, corporate nursing home chains, practice groups and other stakeholders, the next Director, Professional Development and Meetings will be: 1) a strategic visionary to expand AMDA’s educational brand to these new segments; and 2) a masterful designer and director of new, entrepreneurial professional development programs and executor of existing programs in support of AMDA members’ lifelong learning needs. The Director will lead a highly functional team of six who seek an energetic and empowering leader for this next phase of growth.
Liaise with Education Committee, subcommittees, task force, workgroups, and Board of Directors on educational activities
- Direct content development and marketing for 3 live meetings/year including the annual conference; and online learning programs
- Oversee faculty identification and development, within and outside of AMDA membership, for annual conference and other programs.
- Collaborate with senior staff and volunteer leaders to brainstorm, develop and deliver new programs of professional development to existing and new audiences and stakeholders
- Monitor and maintain compliance with AMDA joint sponsorship policies and programs, including coordination of activities with state chapters, corporate chains, and affiliate organizations.
- Maximize recent integration of learning platforms to one LMS for future growth
- Direct ACCME reaccreditation process (next due 7/2022)
- Build online library of asynchronous learning and active set of webinars
- Manage $1.5M budget, maximize existing revenue streams and develop ideas for new revenue generation channels
- Supervise staff of six (three managers and three support staff)
- Collaborate on management decision making as a member of AMDA senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree + senior level experience managing continuing medical education programs including conferences and production of accredited educational materials.
- Track record of success in developing and implementing new learning programs on multiple delivery platforms; Strong knowledge of adult learning theory and educational curriculum development
- Solid experience implementing ACCME guidelines
- Experience planning and delivering live meetings, online educational programs, live webinars and trade shows including contract negotiation; and overseeing exhibit/sponsorship sales
- Experience with LMS systems and conversion of content to the chosen platform
- Experience working with board of directors, committees, and planning faculties including effective volunteer management.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to mentor and develop a team with an adaptive management style
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Solid budget management experience
- Understanding of business dynamics and maximizing profit
- Strategically minded yet focused on executing details with excellence
- Ability to speak authoritatively and persuasively in group settings
- An inquisitive mind that isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions
- A “fail-up” attitude that embraces intelligent risk taking
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
This is a retained search. Submit cover letter and resume to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire at firstname.lastname@example.org.