School Nutrition Association
The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is a national, non-profit professional organization representing 50,000 school nutrition professionals across the country. Founded in 1946, SNA and its members are dedicated to making healthy school meals and nutrition education available to all students. For more information on school meals, visit http://www.schoolnutrition.org
Sound HR infrastructure is the foundation for highly engaged cultures. With a 35-person staff, SNA is seeking an HR Generalist to strengthen policies and processes around recruitment, retention, and engagement to create the building blocks for a best-in-class human resources department, and a thriving, inclusive organizational culture.
In this role, you’ll balance your ‘head for process’ with your ‘heart for people’ to streamline HR technology, compliance, job classifications, training, performance management, payroll and benefits administration. You’ll partner with the Chief of Staff to ensure that HR is a valued partner to staff and hiring managers, and that employees have the support they need to excel and grow in their careers.
Human Resources Administration
- Oversees the implementation of policies and procedures for employment, recruitment and hiring, staffing, benefits, performance evaluation, training, compensation, reporting, and records management and works with the Chief of Staff (COS) to identify needed policy or process updates.
- Assist the Chief of Staff (COS) with digitization of HR records using ADP Workforce Now and SharePoint and ensures electronic employee records are accurate and complete.
- Oversees HR database (ADP) and electronic files to ensure they are current, accurate, and complete and recommends new technologies to streamline and support HR management and employee access to data.
- Provides support to the COS, supervisors, and employees on a wide range of confidential and sensitive human resources related issues and assists with paperwork for unemployment claims, compliance documentation, and other HR-related matters.
- Prepares annual and monthly attrition, staffing, or other reports for CEO and COS, Board of Directors, or Executive Committee.
Recruitment and Hiring
- Coordinates recruitment and hiring activities including assisting supervisors in creating or updating job descriptions, implementing recruitment strategies, reviewing resumes, scheduling screening and group interviews, drafting offer letters, and generating relevant reports.
- Serves as liaison to temporary staffing agencies and recommends new or updated contracts, reviews resumes against position requirements, provides orientation to temps, follows up with supervisors on performance, and ensures necessary paperwork is completed.
- Researches and identifies staff training opportunities, follows up with supervisors on opportunities, tracks and maintains reports and works with COS to develop annual supervisor training program.
- Liaisons with ASAE for organizational membership.
- Creates reports on staff training and professional development activities.
- Manages administration of Performance Evaluation Strategy, including coaching supervisors and employees on the creation of, monitoring, and review of quarterly goals and evaluations.
- Proactively conducts interventions with supervisors as employee performance issues arise.
- Working with COS, updates and revises policies, procedures, and forms.
- Drafts employee communications, leads training sessions, prepares reports and data, and tracks timelines, receipt of evaluations, and quarterly goals.
- Manages the equitable implementation of SNA’s employee recognition program.
Payroll, Compensation, and Benefits
- Works with the COS and Staff Vice President (SVP), Finance and Information Technology on benefits enrollments, employee communications, documentation updates, and other related activities for benefits administration.
- Supports the COS in planning for the triennial compensation audit and communicating relevant outcomes.
- Conducts job classification projects, revisions to job descriptions, FLSA reviews and market salary reviews for new positions and promotions.
- Ensures all compensation changes are accurately documented and entered into ADP.
- Assists the SVP, Finance, and Information Technology with processing payroll and coordinating payroll and leave records management.
Onboarding and Separations
- Coordinates employee’s SNA new-hire and onboarding experience, including creating new hire paperwork and scheduling various orientation sessions, and works with supervisors to develop a structured onboarding schedule for new employees.
- Works with COS & Legal Counsel to draft separation documentation, including severance agreements, separation paperwork, COBRA notifications, etc. and coordinates with IT on account/access restrictions/removal.
- Updates various lists, personnel files, records, and reports following onboarding and separations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, HR certification preferred.
- Minimum four years of progressive responsibility implementing human resources programs, services, and functions.
- Knowledge of Federal laws and regulations impacting human resources administration.
- Experience working with supervisors on a wide range of recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, performance, and employee relations policies interpretations, procedures, and activities.
- Experience with employee benefits administration, including enrollment, recordkeeping, employee communications and reports.
- Experience developing and implementing performance evaluation systems and coaching leaders and supervisors through the process.
- Expertise identifying, researching, and implementing policy and procedures consistent with compliance requirements that are realistic, fit the culture and within the resources available.
- Expertise listening and counseling supervisors and employees through confidential and challenging situations for constructive solutions, with credibility and respect.
- Experience presenting engaging briefings and training to different levels of employees.
- Strong ethical values, integrity, honesty, respect for confidentiality and ability to role model professional performance and conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team with the ability to draw connections between day-to-day job responsibilities and the goals of the organization.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for drafting, editing, and proofing routine correspondence, writing emails, presentations, reports, updates, summaries, and other communications for a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong detail-oriented, organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with different timelines in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating workloads and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to and patience to work with and provide customer service to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience using a database (Aptify preferred) to access customer or member information, using the internet to conduct research, and proficiency in Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
$78,000 + competitive benefits including 6.5% employer contribution to 401(k) + free parking
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
This is a retained search conducted by Shira Lotzar, Purposeful Hire. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.