PCI Security Standards Council
www.pcisecuritystandards.org (position based remotely)
The PCI Security Standards Council is an open global forum, launched in 2006 by five global payment brands — American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard Worldwide, and Visa Inc. The Council is responsible for the development, management, education, and awareness of the PCI Security Standards, which ensure the integrity of credit card payment processing. The Council provides accreditation and certification to companies and individuals which audit compliance among merchants.
The Council has approximately 30 staff comprised of full-time remote workers and association management (AMC) employees based in the Greater Boston area. The Vice President of Operations will work remotely and will supervise approximately 10 PCI employees along with general oversight of the AMC staff.
This is a senior level operational role that is highly tactical focusing on building, implementing and executing the key solutions that run the PCI Company. This individual will have to develop sustainable, repeatable processes to ensure that the business of PCI Security Standards Council is conducted and performed on a day-to-day basis. Must be innovative to design evaluation criteria to assess the quality of each program overall, including the individual certified member’s performance, vendor products and in some cases vendor performance. Expected to regularly identify issues (example defects, or errors in output), recommend resolution and propose long term opportunities for improvement of each program and process. Lead the overall development of a comprehensive training delivery infrastructure that includes people, process and technology. Must be able to define business, production and user requirements for operational capabilities, platforms and technical tools. Collaborate with and make recommendation and proposals to the General Manager, Executive Committee and interact with the many working groups.
- Masters in Business, Operations or Engineering desired.
- 10 + years of operational leadership experience in a standards association or highly technical organization with robust accreditation or certification program.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Strong financial acumen (P&L, financial statements and cost budget controls)
- Demonstrated experience with turnaround operations, process improvement and change management. Six Sigma, PMP certification or other quality assurance experience helpful.
- Solid Project Management experience, time management skills, ability to plan, schedule and manage multiple related initiatives simultaneously
- Experience engaging corporate stakeholders, preferably a board of advisors.
- Excellent written, verbal skills, interpersonal and influence skills are mandatory
- Experience and comfort managing a small staff.