Financial Services Trade Association, Alexandria, VA
This small, growing trade association with a member base that has almost doubled in the last 6 months is poised to escalate their membership recruitment efforts through effectively branding their achievements to key stakeholders. To support their efforts, they are seeking an entrepreneurially-minded association professional with a membership approach to communications.
This successful Manager will spearhead member acquisition and member engagement through promotion of membership programs and legislative efforts. The Manager will additionally serve as a public affairs liaison fielding inquiries from the media and the general public about practices in the financial services community. Primary communication and brand marketing tools will include direct outreach calls to prospective members, newsletter writing, news clips, member surveys, event marketing, web communications, member roundtables, fielding press calls and managing an outside public relations firm. The Manager will receive project support from a newly created project coordinator role.
The goal of this position is to maintain and develop member relations through stable and reliable communications and availability of association services. In doing so the Manager will support the association with:
- Membership growth
- Member satisfaction
- Effective federal and state legislative/policy initiatives
- Increased product/service mix
- Revenue generation (membership, event participation, advertising)
This is a role for a high energy, forward thinking “driver” who possesses a dynamic public presence in addition to stellar writing abilities. The CEO self-ascribes as a “builder and creator” and is likewise seeking a protégé to partner with her as they grow their team, currently at 3 staff with plans to double in the next year.
Bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree, Masters preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years association experience, preferably with a membership / communications mix
- Strong writing skills with a membership branding focus (not journalistic)
- Confident, engaging personality comfortable with public speaking and reaching out directly to prospective members
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach to member growth
For Immediate Consideration: Email cover letter highlighting entrepreneurial approach and resume to Shira Harrington at email@example.com. This is a retained search. All candidates must apply through Purposeful Hire.