Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)
Exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing industry in the U.S. today- solar energy!
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing over 1,000 companies from across the world. Membership is the department that keeps SEIA growing, and hundreds of new solar companies are forming every year.
SEIA staff arrives to the office every morning knowing that their work improves our country’s energy independence and helps to revitalize our economy through the creation of thousands of U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the Best Non-Profits in the U.S., two years in a row.
In 2010, solar was the fastest growing industry in the United States. To reflect their growth they are in the process of expanding their Membership department and are hiring the following position:
The Membership Recruitment Manager reports to the Director of Membership. The core function of the Membership Recruitment Associate is to identify and recruit new SEIA members. Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifying geographic areas, technology sectors, and industries providing opportunity for membership growth.
- Leading creative new member recruitment campaigns.
- Working closely with the other Membership Department staff to integrate recruitment plan with existing member retention efforts.
- Traveling to trade shows, conferences, and other events on a regular basis for in-person recruiting.
- Working with the Communications Department to create effective membership recruitment materials.
- Creating a pre-event, on-site, and post-event sales plan, including systematic follow-up with potential members.
- Performing activities related to the associations membership booth at SEIA and SEIA-sponsored events.
- Assisting members with questions about membership, renewals, and benefits.
- Representing and advocating the role of the Association to existing and prospective members.
- Shared team tasks such as updating the member database, in-house renewal processing, file update and maintenance and other tasks as assigned.
This position requires domestic and international travel of up to 25% of work time.
- Five or more years in sales that involved in-person recruitment, cold calling and follow-up. Proven record of sales success required.Must excel at meeting and talking with prospective members, building rapport with prospective members, and closing sales in a professional manner.
- Must be creative in developing new areas and methods for member recruitment and implement them.
- Energetic, positive, professional, and self-motivated personality with effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience within an association membership department specializing in sales and membership recruitment is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong skills in process management, database management, customer service and project management with ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have a good sense of humor and interest in advancing clean energy in the U.S.
SEIA compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Fantastic benefits package and enjoyable team environment.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Shira Harrington at email@example.com. Candidates selected for an interview will be expected to demonstrate their ability to sell the SEIA membership product during the interview process.