Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS), Washington, DC
As the telecommunications industry advances, communications companies rely on standards to ensure the technical compatibility, interoperability and connectivity of new products and services. Representing more than 600 industry professionals from more than 200 communications companies, ATIS connects the industry experts who develop the standards that drive the ICT industry.
Join the ATIS team and immerse yourself in the fast-changing world of telecommunications. In this primarily marketing communications writing role, you will use your messaging and writing skills to translate cutting-edge technical content on diverse cutting-edge topics such as Cloud Services, LTE, Smart Grid, Connected Car, M2M, and IPTV into language easily understood by the public.
Collaborating with subject matter experts from member companies including AT&T, Cisco and Verizon, your mission will be to generate information for industry press, the ATIS website, a quarterly newsletter, executive communications, and social media. You will also serve as the ‘resident editor’ for other marketing communications material. Bring to the table an interest learning about the telecommunications industry and experience with writing.
ATIS offers a generous benefits package, a healthy work-life balance and a collegial 40-person staff.
Summary of Responsibilities
As a member of the Marketing team:
- Write, edit, produce, and distribute press releases, articles and interviews related to ATIS in national and trade press publications
- Identify press opportunities for the ATIS organization and its standards committees, arrange media interviews for the ATIS executive staff, ATIS Board and ATIS standards committee participants
- Select articles and partner with third-party vendors for placement and distribution of weekly industry news publication
- Develop content, writing and editing of the quarterly member newsletter, The ATIS Update
- Develop promotional materials, including print and electronic formats, for member/prospect mailings, e-mail messages, brochures, ppts and advertisements for ATIS conferences, trade shows, and press events, etc.
- Author materials – scripts and text – in support of ATIS’ webinars, events, Annual Meeting, etc.
- Draft web copy and support the continual updating of the content for the ATIS web site (www.atis.org)
- Actively collaborate with other members of the marketing and public relations staff to complete projects and achieve goals
- Monitor print and electronic media outlets daily for articles of interest to ATIS, and for articles that mention ATIS
- Coordinate workflow with Marketing Coordinator (not a direct supervision role)
- Bachelor’s Degree + at least 8 years in journalism or marketing communications with a heavy emphasis on writing and messaging
- Experience in the ICT industry preferred; strong interest in technology and/or telecommunications highly desirable
- Previous experience drafting and distributing press releases particularly in the communications and business sectors.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks in a timely manner; strong time management skills
- Ability to travel
Competitive salary commensurate with approximately 5-10 years of related experience. Excellent benefits include 401K and pension plan. Work-life balance culture.
For Immediate Consideration
Email cover letter describing interest in learning about technology and/or telecommunications, resume, and 2 writing clips (preferably in related subject area) to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire, firstname.lastname@example.org