Irrigation feeds the world and keeps our communities beautiful. With its ecosystem of year-round hydration, kids enjoy a place to play, gardens flourish and dinner tables abound with fresh fruits and vegetables. Irrigation makes it possible.
To combat water shortages, the Irrigation Association promotes water conservation through efficient irrigation. Its members are the companies who contribute to our society’s greater good by bringing new technologies to market. IA works to improve industry proficiency, advocate sound water management, and grow demand for water-efficient products and services.
Among its member offerings, IA hosts a robust 4,000-attendee trade show along with numerous educational and certification offerings. Promoting these valuable services requires a dedicated team of marketing professionals who can communicate the business benefits of their programs to the irrigation community.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the next Senior Marketing Manager you will lead the production of marketing communications collateral which publicizes IA’s trade show and educational events through a variety of print and digital marketing channels including: an exhibitor prospectus, email blasts, post cards, brochures, web communications and a 70-page onsite show guide. Your hands-on experience in a fast-paced production environment will be key to keeping these numerous plates spinning!
Managing a $300,000 budget and team of two (a communications manager and marketing/production coordinator) you’ll direct the production schedules of all marketing projects for the meetings, education and government relations teams. As the lynchpin of all-things-marketing, you’ll be relied upon by your teammates to keep IA’s brand consistent through all communication vehicles.
With peak production occurring between July – November, this will be the time to “jump in with both feet” to ensure that deliverables are being met. When needed, you’ll pitch in to support your staff with writing collateral and desktop publishing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree + minimum 5-7 years marketing communications experience in a fast-paced production environment.
- Association experience including managing volunteer committees strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and brand messaging / copywriting skills.
- Experience promoting events through a variety of print and digital communications vehicles such as email blasts, print collateral, and web communications.
- Proficiency with designing marketing collateral using desktop publishing software including: email marketing programs, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign).
- Experience with websites including content managements systems and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of a database and comfort with pulling reports.
- Experience supervising staff or managing project teams to produce marketing collateral.
- Experience with PR including writing press releases and media relations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’re inquisitive, bright and forward thinking, and thrive on meeting day-to-day challenges of tight production schedules.
- You’re great at managing projects and people.
- You’re project driven yet communicate assignments with diplomacy.
- You know how to rally a team and generate excitement around marketing because you genuinely believe in the power of great marketing communications.
- You really “get” customer service and will thrive on engaging with volunteers and staff who need your marketing savvy and project management know-how.
- You love a work hard / play hard kind of environment.
Send salary requirements, cover letter, and résumé to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire, Inc. at email@example.com. This is a retained search. All candidates must submit applications through Purposeful Hire.