AMDA: The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine
AMDA is ready to multiply its market share. Founded as the association for medical directors of nursing facilities, the board has decided to pursue another, larger category of members – attending physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who practice in post-acute and long-term care (PA/LTC) settings. With a potential universe of over 50,000, this would dramatically expand AMDA’s current base of 5,500 members, enhancing its opportunity to educate a broader landscape of PA/LTC practitioners. To reach this new member segment, AMDA is custom-designing a training program for attending physicians to be launched by the end of 2014, followed by a physician certification program in the next two years.
The new Membership Marketing Director will aggressively target attending physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants while engaging the existing base of medical directors. Driving the marketing effort is an expanding B2C and B2B business model as a result of: (1) cost and reimbursement pressures forcing nursing homes to consolidate into big chains; and (2) physicians forming PA/LTC practice groups. B2B target prospects include Chief Medical Officers of multi-facility chains and heads of PA/LTC practice groups, while B2C prospects include the larger universe of attending physicians available through publicly sourced Medicare records. Additionally, there is a longer term strategy for attracting the next generation of medical students through mentoring initiatives.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A passion both for growing market share and for cultivating member engagement.
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with savvy relationship building skills.
- A forward-thinking, innovative approach to penetrating both B2B and B2C new markets.
- An inquisitive mind that isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions
- A “fail-up” attitude that embraces intelligent risk taking
REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
Candidates will be vetted based on their potential to succeed in this role, not solely based on past experience. As a result, high importance will be placed on the cover letter, which should demonstrate the qualities exhibited in the “Ideal Candidate” section above. To assist with the narrative, please craft a thoughtful letter that includes responses to the following questions:
- What is your approach to penetrating a new market?
- How entrepreneurial are you? How do you pursue new business opportunities?
- What is your philosophy about risk-taking?
- How do you view obstacles along your path to success?
Please send your cover letter, including salary expectations and resume to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an exclusive, retained search. All candidates must be vetted by Purposeful Hire.