The Endocrine Society
The Chief HR and Talent Officer position is newly created to help us as a professional Society be known as a place where great people do great work and have great fun doing it!
We believe in our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth they have even greater potential to contribute to our mission of unraveling the mysteries of endocrine/hormonal conditions to eradicate diseases like diabetes and breast cancer. We are 100% committed to creating and implementing a comprehensive talent management approach that embodies our organizational core competencies, supports the growth of our staff, and earns us the “best places to work” designation.
The Chief HR and Talent Officer is a member of the Leadership Team and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. After the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief HR and Talent Officer will be seen as the primary staff champion, serving as an active performance coach and contributing to the ongoing assessment of our Society’s strategy and ability to deliver quality results. This position is best suited for a “builder” and, for the right person, can be a career defining one.
The ideal candidate will apply a working understanding of talent acquisition, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, and employee engagement. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the continued development, delivery, and evaluation of an organization-wide plan for leadership development, staff development, education, and other results-driven training programs for the entire workforce, from front-line staff to executive leadership. This role provides leaders and managers with advice and guidance on strategies and approaches that lead to stronger employee engagement, employee performance, and higher performing teams.
SUMMARY OF CHALLENGES AND PRIORITIES
We are looking to create a human resources/talent management function that provides visionary leadership to enhance and sustain a high performance culture producing exceptional results for our organization. We have shifted from a compliance approach to a performance approach and now need to create programs, policies, and services to bring this new vision into reality. Our five core competencies are a starting point but need to “come to life” every day. Our staff has embraced our core competencies, and deserve the best possible HR support system.
Talent Acquisition: You will drive the development of our overall recruitment strategy:
- Developing a strategic approach to sourcing, candidate development, and partnering with hiring managers to recruit stellar talent.
- Managing the interview process and coordination with prospective employees to ensure a great candidate experience and a smooth process for our team.
- Managing background and reference checks, and offer letters for prospective employees.
Onboarding: We work hard to bring the best people to our organization. Once here, we strive to immerse them in the organization and their position quickly and effectively.
- Developing and assisting in the new employee onboarding end-to-end process so as to integrate them into our culture, not just making sure they know all about our benefits and policies.
- Ensuring new employees understand our mission, approach, culture, and expectations.
Performance Management and Employee Development: Ensuring we provide our people with frequent and productive feedback keeps us focused on consistent continuous learning.
- Consulting with colleagues to help them pursue strategies and tactics that engage and develop their leadership team and staff.
- Helping leaders translate employee engagement feedback into actions, practices, and programs that strengthen employee engagement and performance.
- Ensuring that leaders establish practices that ensure employees receive ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Working with managers to ensure appropriate and meaningful feedback on performance reviews and the further development of employees.
- Helping leaders define training plans and programs that are specific to their department.
Compensation and Rewards: We aim to pay competitively, as well as recognize and reward our people to highlight their value to us.
- Gathering market compensation and benefit data to inform the annual review, preparation, and administration of our compensation and reward program.
- Leading our benefits administration and the management of employee programs.
- Implementing a wellness initiative.
Culture: You will be responsible for weaving our core values and culture into every aspect of our staff programs and practices. Our culture is vital to our growth and success; keeping it thriving is critical.
- Leading the annual review and make recommendations for enhancements to our programs and practices. This includes policies, standards, strategies, and effectiveness.
- Launch new programs to engage our staff in our mission and core competencies.
Your Own Development: We are growing! It’s important for you to stay current and relevant!
- We encourage you to stay current with industry trends and employment legislation to ensure we aren’t just compliant; we remain a leading place to build a career.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or other related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP.
- More than 10 years of HR experience, including experience at the senior level, in order to be able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives. An OD (organizational development) mindset is vital to transforming our culture holistically.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of organization leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics.
- A passion for education, leadership development and executive presence.
- Professional work experience in leading education and training, coaching and talent development programs, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Formal training in coaching, team leading, facilitation and group dynamics desirable.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity in all its forms; a track record of success in setting and achieving increased institutional diversity.
- Personal stature, credibility, and maturity to earn the trust and confidence of colleagues and member leaders.
- A well-honed sense of diplomacy, and a track record of navigating problem-solving with large, dynamic groups.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
This is a retained search. Email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates must be vetted by Purposeful Hire.