The Airport Consultants Council (ACC) is a small, dynamic, nonprofit trade association with a membership consisting of companies and individuals from around the world that are involved the planning, design and construction of airports. Headquartered in Alexandria, ACC has a nearly 40-year history of delivering excellence in airport development. Please learn about ACC by visiting our website, at http://www.acconline.org.
ACC is seeking a full-time Marketing Coordinator to join our staff. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, Membership & Meeting Services, this position will work as part of a small team and will focus primarily on external marketing activities that support ACC’s objectives, mission, and reputation. ACC’s audience is broad and includes engineers, architects, designers, contractors, suppliers, airport operators, regulatory agencies, and more. In addition to acting as the central social media resource for ACC, a critical part of this role is helping lead the strategic direction and implementation of ACC’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
The Marketing Coordinator must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborating effectively with ACC staff, outside agencies and members to deliver value against operational goals. The Marketing Coordinator will develop an in-depth knowledge of ACC, its member companies, and the association’s high-priority issues. We are committed to growth in this position. Some of the many responsibilities for the successful candidate in this position include:
- Developing effective communications to promote the activities of ACC members;
- Managing content on ACC’s website and leading social media engagement by producing daily content;
- Drafting, presentations, flyers, brochures;
- Monitoring and tracking daily news and developments related to, or impacting, ACC member companies;
- Coordinating ACC’s communications calendar and sending e-newsletter messages on schedule;
- Preparing newsletter articles and marketing messages;
- Coordinating member employment listings and internship opportunities;
- Supporting ACC events held around the country by assisting with site logistics, photography, etc.;
- Working ACC’s booth at industry exhibitions, conferences and trade shows; and
- Serving as a staff liaison to several ACC committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field;
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a marketing setting, which could include substantive internships;
- Experience or interest in aviation industry a plus;
- Strong writing and editing skills, oral communications and listening skills;
- Excellent understanding and command of social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn, and experience managing social media accounts on behalf of an organization;
- Proficiency working in MS Office;
- Familiarity working effectively and proactively within databases such as iMIS highly desired;
- High energy personality, enthusiastic team player, and effective communicator.
- Proactive, self-sufficient, and can-do attitude.
This search is being conducted by Purposeful Hire, Inc. Interested individuals should submit their resume and two writing samples to Shira Harrington at email@example.com for consideration.