The Fertilizer Institute
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Vice President of Public Affairs, the Director will develop and implement communications, messaging, and marketing plans to promote TFI’s programs and events, strengthen membership recruitment and retention, and help grow non-dues revenue. This role requires a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Promote TFI’s member value proposition to include developing and implementing metrics-based marketing plans for TFI, its products, and programs.
- Working closely with TFI’s Senior Director of Conferences, serve as the marketing and branding lead for TFI’s events. Responsibilities include creating and executing customized attendee and sponsor marketing plans for each conference, working with contractors to develop meeting graphics and hotel branding, and building and maintaining relationships with sponsors.
- Collaborate with staff to curate and market new TFI products and services for members.
- Measure results, analyze data, and identify opportunities to adjust and continually improve marketing efforts, including the evaluation of legacy marketing tools and platforms.
- Work with TFI’s staff to develop strategies and programs to stimulate member engagement.
- Manage member and industry communication. Produce and distribute TFI’s weekly Report to Members.
- Develop compelling, branded content for TFI’s website, emails, video scripts, blog posts, and social media marketing posts. Manage the Institute’s social media networks, including TFI’s Twitter feed, YouTube channel, and LinkedIn page.
- Field public and member requests for industry information.
- Five to seven-year track record of managing successful marketing initiatives. Trade association experience is a plus.
- Strategic thinking yet comfortable engaging in the tactical work of daily communications.
- Knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing and advertising best practices, and an eagerness to stay abreast of new technologies in this regard.
- Website management experience and familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO principles.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to influence internal and external audiences.
- Innovative approaches to develop creative communications campaigns, both traditional and digital.
- A commitment to teamwork and to advancing the industry with one voice.
- Proficiency in evaluating trends based on data.
- Basic knowledge of design, layout, and publishing principles.
- Creative approaches to marketing challenges.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
ABOUT THE FERTILIZER INSTITUTE
Experts estimate that there will be more than nine billion people on our planet by 2050. That’s nearly two billion more people that are alive today. People from all walks of life with all kinds of ideas, but who share one common challenge: each will experience hunger, requiring food to survive. Fertilizer has played—and will continue to play—a key role in meeting this eternal challenge. TFI’s members are the global producers, retailers, and suppliers in the fertilizer industry that make feeding a growing world possible, while also improving nutrition security.
TFI’s PUBLIC AFFAIRS EFFORTS
TFI is the voice of the fertilizer industry, representing the interests of the entire supply chain to regulators and the public. The organization plays a vital role in promoting and educating stakeholders on the benefits of environmental stewardship and nutrient science. The association is advancing the fertilizer industry’s sustainability efforts by helping manufacturers and producers meet current food and fiber protection needs without compromising the ability of future generations to further increase crop yields.
As an example of these educational efforts, TFI endorses a best management practice concept known as 4R nutrient stewardship. The 4R philosophy is an innovative and science-based approach that enhances environmental protection, expands production, increases farmer profitability and improves sustainability. The concept is to use the right fertilizer source, at the right rate, at the right time, with the right placement.
TFI’s members have a strong track record of sustainable performance. The industry is twice as safe as its peers in the chemical industry and is documenting increasing efficiency in water use, land conservation, and protection of air quality.
TFI has been named a Best Place to Work by the National Association of Manufacturing’s Council of Manufacturing Associations. Total compensation for this position is market-driven and includes direct salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Qualified, interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, persuasive writing sample and salary requirements to Shira (Harrington) Lotzar, Chief Engagement Officer, Purposeful Hire, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.