National Association of Enrolled Agents
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The National Association of Enrolled Agents is a member organization of Enrolled Agents and other tax preparation professionals. They provide education, networking, advocacy, and other member services to approximately 8,000 members, both in the U.S. and abroad. www.naea.org
In 2020, NAEA began what has become a challenging database conversion that has disrupted business processes, member service, and the team’s ability to perform many basic day-to-day functions. While they have made progress in several areas, there is still much work to be done to get the systems and the team fully functional.
The database is a Fonteva/Salesforce system that still needs configurations, critical updates, data clean up, system stabilization, and workflow documentation. The NAEA team also needs more training on how to use the system effectively and efficiently. NAEA has been working with an outside consultant to assess the current needs and develop an implementation plan. It is expected that this work will take approximately three months.
They are looking for someone to take the lead on the work with the consultant and assist with various other technology projects. Once their systems and team are stabilized and functional, this position will assist with the development of future technology and infrastructure strategies and implementation.
The Director of Technology has primary responsibility for the administration, configuration, and maintenance of NAEA’s technology systems and applications.
The Director will be the team lead working with contract consultants on the implementation of the Salesforce CRM/AMS project plan. The Director will coordinate internal implementation support and testing as needed, and will collaborate with vendors and team to prioritize the work and coordinate internal support and tasks to ensure timely implementation. This position will also lead the implementation of phase two project implementation and integration.
The ideal candidate will have application skills and background, specifically working with a CRM or AMS, the ability to manage projects that require coordination with both outside vendors and internal team members, and the desire to assess and enhance NAEA’s technology systems and strategies.
The ideal candidate will also be a naturally curious and self-directed problem solver with strong critical thinking and communication skills. Strong communication skills with technical and nontechnical stakeholders are essential, as well as the ability to quickly gain confidence of the organization’s stakeholders.
- Lead the organization’s technology strategy.
- Assess NAEA’s current technology strategies and infrastructure and make recommendations on future strategies, consolidation of systems, assessment of outside vendor support, and internal talent needs.
- Coordinate and lead team training, new team member onboarding, communication and application of upgrades and updates for all NAEA systems and applications.
- Partner with vendors as needed to manage NAEA’s technology network, third party support applications, application security, external connections, and support systems.
- Collaborate across teams with subject matter experts in prioritizing functional requirements for system automation.
- Develop and maintain all systems and applications documentation.
- Ensure appropriate data backups, controls and audit logs are in place and routinely tested.
- Manage application installation, maintenance, and downtime schedules and deliverables in coordination with vendor support teams as needed.
- Coordinate application configuration changes for NAEA applications, required third party applications, or vendor supplied utilities, in consultation with vendors and consultants.
- Plan and manage user acceptance testing (UAT) in coordination with vendor support teams and NAEA team members.
- Coordinate application activities, including scheduled maintenance periods, with the relevant vendor support teams and organizational units to ensure that system availability, stability, and security are maintained.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant technologies and business processes.
- Have flexibility and be willing to complete other responsibilities to help advance NAEA’s mission.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technology management.
- At least 3 years of experience with, and a firm understanding of, CRM or AMS applications, web applications, and data management, preferably with a demonstrated body of work successfully coordinating the planning, deployment, training, and support of application systems.
- Demonstrated strong IT experience and an in depth understanding of technology.
- Experience using or supporting Windows desktop operating system, Microsoft Office applications, and mobile devices.
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly as needed.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
Additional qualifications a plus but not required:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration or related field.
- Salesforce certification is preferred.
- Background or familiarity with non-profit or associations is preferred.
LOCATION: This is a remote position; however, those living in the Washington, DC area are welcome to work from their DC office.
TO APPLY: This is retained search conducted by Purposeful Hire. Email resume to Shira Lotzar at firstname.lastname@example.org