National Hispanic Medical Association
Established in 1994 in Washington, DC, the National Hispanic Medical Association is a non-profit association representing the interests of 50,000 licensed Hispanic physicians in the United States. NHMA is dedicated to empowering Hispanic physicians to be leaders who will help eliminate health disparities and improve the health of Hispanics.
This is a role for a high energy, entrepreneurial membership leader to build NHMA’s membership and chapter structure. While the organization represents the interests of 50,000 Latino physicians and allied organizations, their current membership is a much smaller segment of that population, which presents an exciting opportunity to capture their wider potential universe.
Partnering with the Executive Director, a seasoned membership and chapter executive, you will re-envision NHMA’s value proposition to attract, retain and engage this community and design an infrastructure with effective member segmentation, program development, revenue streams, and brand messaging platforms.
Among its current value proposition, members primarily benefit from access to leadership development opportunities with government advisory and nonprofit boards owed to the CEO’s highly respected reputation among key leaders in the government, nonprofit and healthcare communities. As NHMA also offers advocacy, education, and networking initiatives, these and other member benefits can be expanded and tailored to the unique needs of specific member segments.
Additionally, you will be tasked with building and growing their chapter and specialty councils footprint nationwide. NHMA currently has 9 independent regional chapters. You partner with the chapter’s committee to create a solid infrastructure for chapter expansion and develop a mutually beneficial revenue share program.
A small staff association of 12 team members, the organization is in significant growth mode. As you expand your membership initiatives, you are encouraged to build a membership team that will thrive as a best-in-class membership and chapter development department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and build a comprehensive membership infrastructure that re-envisions member segments and creates new opportunities for engaging and volunteering.
- Develop a membership recruitment strategy that attracts both individual and organizational members.
- Create a robust retention plan that showcases value to existing members and re-engages lapsed members.
- Suggest new value-added programs and member benefits that align with specialized needs of member segments.
- Analyze market in the nonprofit and corporate sectors and develop exclusive benefits that make membership the obvious choice.
- Cultivate and grow current chapters and councils and begin identifying growth opportunities for chapter expansion including chapter assistance programs, effective dues structures, revenue sharing models, and operational infrastructures.
- Re-evaluate the current AMS platform (MemberClicks) to identify opportunities for better data collection, prospecting, and member engagement.
- Oversee volunteer nominations process
Qualifications and Leadership Qualities
- Seasoned experience building and growing a member base, preferably in a hybrid individual / organizational membership model
- Experience creating membership infrastructures including segment development, dues collections models, renewal processes and volunteer structures
- Demonstrated accomplishments designing value-add member programs
- Success recruiting, retaining and engaging member populations
- Experience partnering with a communications team to develop compelling brand messaging
- Entrepreneurial, enterprising mindset that thrives on new value creation
- Team oriented approach to brainstorming and cross-functional collaboration
- Motivating mentor and leader able to recruit, grow and empower a high functioning team
COMPENSATION: $110,000 (maximum)
LOCATION: The organization is located in downtown Washington, DC; however after an initial onboarding period of several months working on site, you can arrange for a hybrid work schedule. Candidates should live within a commutable distance to the office.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
This is a retained search. Email cover letter and resume to Shira Lotzar, Purposeful Hire at email@example.com