National Hispanic Medical Association
Established in 1994 in Washington, DC, the National Hispanic Medical Association is a non-profit association representing the interests of 50,000 licensed Hispanic physicians in the United States. NHMA is dedicated to empowering Hispanic physicians to be leaders who will help eliminate health disparities and improve the health of Hispanics.
Reporting to the Executive Director, The Director of Programs will oversee the successful implementation, coordination, and administration of NHMA’s 22 grant-funding programs and all new programs. Funded by a range of organizations including the CDC, pharmaceutical companies and foundations, these programs cover a host of important trainings, research projects, community service engagements, and workforce development outreaches. Please visit NHMA’s Programs page to learn more about some of these exciting initiatives.
Directing, overseeing and managing these programs is at the heart of this role, including developing budgets and operating plans, and reporting progress and program updates. The Director will serve as the immediate supervisor to 2 Program Managers who supervise several program staff; and will act as liaison to internal and external committees and advisory councils.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee all program development efforts including grant program oversight and administration, funders and partners, evaluation and benchmarking, preparation of reports.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of proposal for funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors when required.
- Develop and schedule program work plan.
- Develop an active timeline for all stages of program grants, development and delivery, and inform/ update Association leadership on stages in weekly and monthly progress reports and presentations.
- Ensure program implementation occurs efficiently and as planned by meeting with key partners, creating program champions, developing MOU’s, and other tasks as planned that ensure all needs are met for successful program implementation.
- Oversee the development of communication materials that explain and showcase program efforts, development stages, impact and outcome for both internal and external audiences.
- Create budgets, budget forecasts and operational plans for all program development efforts.
- Coordinate activities of program with inter-related activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Collect and interpret data from a variety of sources to prepare periodic reports, and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Supervise team members and ensure deadlines are met.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Several years nonprofit planning and program development management experience (ideally in a health and non-profit related sector)
- Experience leading Councils and Committees
- Experience developing communications materials for internal and external audiences
- Experience working with and leading across organizational teams
- Able to complete projects efficiently and independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in grant writing/fundraising a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in building and leading programs
- Demonstrated success in overseeing, motivating, and leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with broad range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage a diverse portfolio of programs
- Proven ability to learn quickly and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with dynamic and growing teams
COMPENSATION: up to $110,000
LOCATION: The organization is located in downtown Washington, DC; however after an initial onboarding period of several months working onsite, you can arrange for a hybrid work schedule. Candidates should live within a commutable distance to the office.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
This is a retained search. Email cover letter and resume to Shira Lotzar, Purposeful Hire at email@example.com