Inmarsat, Washington, DC
As pioneers in satellite communication, Inmarsat has been at the forefront of mobile satellite services for more than 30 years. With headquarters in London, they have a growing office in Washington developing partnerships and acquisitions with distributors worldwide. The Sr. Manager of Business Development will strategize to identify, develop, manage and implement business development initiatives to support Inmarsat’s growth aspirations, focusing on the expansion of existing business segments, as well as the development of new ones.
This primary competencies of this role include financial analysis and due diligence of potential mergers and acquisitions, analysis of market trends and external interface with prospective clients. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of corporate finance, market analysis and client interfacing skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and evaluate potential strategic partnerships to support the growth of Inmarsat’s satellite business;
- Evaluate value, strategic fit, and competencies of technologies or companies for possible investment and/or other form of collaboration.
- Research the competitive landscape of market segments where Inmarsat participate or has an interest in, to support and guide the company’s strategic decision making;
- Contribute strong financial analysis to assessment of investment and business opportunities;
- Build financial models for the assessment of potential merger and acquisition opportunities;
- Work across Inmarsat’s product development, operations and engineering divisions to scope the feasibility and implications of new products and services;
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in business/corporate development in the telecommunications or technology sector
- Business or Finance degree;
- Experience in building spread sheet based financial models to support the development of new business initiatives;
- Experience in corporate finance;
- Strong analytic skills;
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently;
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced degree in business (MBA) desirable;
- Experience in evaluating merger & acquisition opportunities, as well as in conducting due diligence on potential targets;
- Experience in the satellite industry;
- Strong writing skills, including mastery of PowerPoint;
- Multi-cultural awareness through knowledge and hands-on experience in working in and with a wide variety of cultures.