Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
For over 25 years the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM), a not-for-profit organization founded in 1984, has been protecting the environment and the public’s health, safety, and security through the administration of credentials recognizing professionals who have demonstrated a high level of knowledge, expertise, and excellence in the management of hazardous materials.
Over 15,000 homeland security, environmental protection, engineering, health sciences, transportation, and public safety professionals have earned IHMM’s accredited Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) credential. IHMM also administers the Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP) credential and the Hazardous Materials Manager-in-Training (HMMT) program.
In this mission-critical role, the new Senior Manager of Credentials will manage all certification programs including CHMM, CHMP, the new CDGP (Certified Dangerous Goods Professional) and the HMMT designation. In addition, the Senior Manager will maintain IHMM’s accreditation as a certifying body.
ü Leading a team of three call center staff including a Certification Manager, Recertification Manager and Recertification/Examinations Assistant.
ü Managing the ANSI accreditation audit process
ü Serving as staff liaison to several certification committees: CHMM (2), CHMP (2) and CDGP (anticipated 2). Committees are comprised of SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) who determine examination content for credential programs.
Support and Leadership
Acts as the IHMM Executive Office’s staff liaison to the Examination and Recertification Committees, and other relevant committees as assigned
Prepares materials and reports related to certification program functions for the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Examination and Recertification Committees
Provides direction, and training as required for IHMM staff, and direct supervision to the examinations and recertification departments
Maintains policy and procedures manual sections dealing with certification and recertification processing.
Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) and psychometric consultants on job/task analysis, blueprint development, and cut-score studies
Works with SMEs to develop, refine, or revise recertification standards
Provides guidance to SMEs on the Examination Committees and Recertification Committees regarding implementation of standards that have been established.
Certification examination development, delivery, and item analysis:
Oversees processing of potential exam item submissions and maintenance of item banks
Coordinates review of new items by SMEs
Analyze exam results and statistical item analyses prepared by psychometric consultants, and present data in useable form to the SMEs
Manages proper and secure delivery of examinations through computer-based testing network
Participates in selection of and work with testing consultants and other exam service providers
Oversees examination and recertification areas to ensure timely processing and approval of applications for candidates to test and recertify
Participates as required in program audits and other accreditation activities
Works with security consultants on development and implementation of security plans
Monitors performance of testing and database vendors to ensure the examination security plans are followed
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with the credentialing process: working with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and psychometric consultants on job/task analysis, blueprint development, and cut score studies.
- Knowledge of ANSI standards
- Familiarity with technical environments for the management & administration of credentialing programs is essential.
- Knowledge of automated credentialing processes is required. Knowledge of i7 helpful.
- A wide professional network in the credentialing professional community from credentialing bodies to accrediting & standard-setting organizations is desirable.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy to handle sensitive situations
- Demonstrated success leading and managing staff
- Outstanding project management skills – adherence to timelines, follow through on action items, extremely organized, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience managing external consultants
- Experience and leadership in resolving customer service issues.
- Forward thinking approach towards brand marketing credential programs
For immediate consideration, email cover letter, resume and desired salary to Shira Harrington, Purposeful Hire at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a retained search. All candidates must apply through search firm.