Beaconfire, Arlington, VA
- Are you an experienced, cause-driven online marketing professional looking to lead nonprofit clients in their online marketing and fundraising programs?
- Do you want to build breakthrough online campaigns that help families in need become self-reliant, protect wildlife and the environment and battle chronic and fatal diseases?
- Are you a creative self-starter with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and desire to help lead a fast moving, high performing project team?
- Do you find yourself saying the term “ROI” a couple times per day?
- Are you ready to change the world though online campaigns?
About the Position
This position requires a motivated, experienced individual with a thorough understanding of the nonprofit sector, interactive marketing and the integration of online marketing with traditional forms of outreach. If you know your way around online fundraising and supporter engagement and want to use your skills to change the world and help nonprofits take their online efforts to the next level, then this job is for you.
The Senior Consultant is a role that demands creative thinking, a strong consulting presence, solid organization and time management skills, and a passion for working collaboratively with colleagues and clients. We’re looking for a well-rounded and persuasive individual who can facilitate dialogue around smart interactive marketing solutions in a room full of passionate and assertive people.
The Senior Consultant will work with multiple clients – playing the lead consultant role in some cases, and managing the day-to-day relationship in others – brainstorming concepts, laying out the game plan, and championing the ideas through development.
After the dust settles, the Senior Consultant analyzes the results and applies what’s been learned to inform the next efforts.
- Develop successful campaigns for online programs that will build constituencies and inspire advocates, raise money, and other measurable outcomes.
- Work with Beaconfire’s cross-functional client teams to develop marketing campaigns and communications efforts that can incorporate everything from email campaigns to social marketing to community building to SEO and SEM.
- Lead brainstorming and strategic planning sessions with clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with delivery partners.
- Communicate vision, issues and/or problems to the project team and client.
Required Skills / Experience
- Around 8 years experience with online marketing and fundraising campaigns; experience with related disciplines such as grassroots organizing, direct mail, consulting, and cross-channel marketing or working with or at a nonprofit organization highly desirable. But, we care more about what you have done rather than how long you have done it.
- Hands-on experience in analyzing and reporting on campaign-related data, and using this data to inform strategic decision making.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, issues of social justice, human rights, humanitarian relief, poverty and hunger, healthcare and disabilities, political advocacy, the environment, and/or women’s rights.
- Demonstrated success using digital tools, processes, and creative techniques for nonprofit fundraising, activism, and constituency building.
- Experience leading a multifaceted project, managing a project team and budget.
- Create project plans, budgets and goals to achieve client needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and deadlines. Proactively identify, communicate and collaborate to solve problems.
- Must be a resourceful, self-starter with an ability to work both independently and with a cross-departmental team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience using eCRM and CMS platforms such as Convio, Salsa and/or NetCommunity is a plus.
Beaconfire helps nonprofit organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things on the Internet. They design and build websites and craft online campaigns that make people care – and act.
Beaconfire clients include leading organizations such as the Wildlife Conservation Society, Feeding America, Ocean Conservancy, American Legacy Foundation and the Ad Council.
Beaconfire is a small, privately-held company made up of smart, curious, and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. They are technologists, strategists, and marketers who like to collaborate, innovate, and help our clients achieve measurable results through informed, objective, innovative uses of technology. They offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a culture focused on work-life balance. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire, they’ll tell you it’s the smart, fun and nice PEOPLE! Go ahead, ask…
Why Work at Beaconfire?
Beaconfire offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits: health, dental and vision; 401k w/ match; professional development budget, work/life balance; profit sharing; bonus plan; casual work environment; monthly events; and more. Most importantly, Beaconfire offers you the opportunity to work with some of the leading nonprofit organizations in the country; you WILL be making a difference!
Send a cover letter describing why you believe you would be a good fit for this position — and for Beaconfire — along with your resume and salary requirements to Shira Harrington, President, Purposeful Hire, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office. No relocation budget available.
- This position requires occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in the northeastern corridor.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire.
- Beaconfire offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.