National Hispanic Medical Association
If you’re a rising rock star meeting planner ready to make a social impact, welcome to NHMA, a non-profit association empowering Hispanic physicians to be the leaders who will help eliminate health disparities and improve the health of Hispanics.
If you’re a meeting planner on a mission, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the one-stop-shop for all meeting and event logistics, you’ll handle “soup to nuts” for NHMA’s growing portfolio of meetings including its annual conference, networking receptions, Congressional briefings, chapter meetings, council meetings, Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, and the National Hispanic Health Foundation’s two scholarship galas.
This newly created role will empower you to sharpen your meeting planning skills as you partner with senior leadership, membership, government relations, marketing and NHHF staff to ensure each program runs seamlessly. Your responsibilities will range from site selection and hotel contracting to A/V, food and beverage, registration, event marketing and exhibitor support, agenda preparation, assembling CME materials, and budget reconciliation.
You’ll report to NHMA’s #2 executive, Nancy Brighindi, a seasoned association leader who will mentor you along the way. Plus, as the organization continues to enhance its operations, you’ll be a vital voice in helping create new processes that lead to incomparable member experiences!
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have at least 5 years of progressive event planning experience in a professional association (preferably in a medical related association)
- Ideally you’ve earned your Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) credential
- You have experience in both virtual and in-person events and meetings
- You have supported sponsors, exhibitors, and attendees
- You have excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills
HOW ABOUT COMPENSATION?
- Up to $80,000 (maximum)
- 100% company-paid health insurance for single
- 100% company-paid vision and dental for single
- Disability/Life/Long Term Care
- 10 Vacation days + 2 Personal leave days
- 11 Holidays
- Up to 10 days sick leave
- 401K Retirement
WHAT ABOUT LOCATION?
After 3 months of bonding with your teammates in our beautiful, new downtown Washington, DC office, you can transition to a hybrid schedule – 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.
NHMA follows the Washington, DC Health Department Guidelines
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM?
Email a cover letter telling us why YOU’RE the best fit for this exciting role, along with your resume and 3 professional references to our (super friendly!) recruiter, Shira Lotzar at email@example.com